21 January 2022
This article will tell you what MySQL JDBC driver is and how to download and install it in your window. JDBC drivers are the java files with the extension that allow using all the Java applications in order to connect to the database. It allows users to connect with live MySQL data directly from the application to connect with JDBC. It quickly generates and organizes powerful java application that assimilates with MYSQL compatible database engine.
MySQL JDBC Driver
MYSQL provides the driver for JDBC that are the standard-based drivers. It also provides net enabling developers to build an application in their choice of language. But the native C library helps the developer implant this driver into their application. If the application is created for internal use . its slow performance leads to the project’s failure.
So this driver helps in better performance. While accessing the information from remote sources creates many network connectivity problems, service delays, and disconnection, these create the problem and lower your performance. Still, this driver solves all of these problems by powerful smart coaching techniques that can help in reducing the latency issues and also help in improving your performance.
Features Of JDBC MySQL
- MySQL JDBC Driver has very interesting features; some of them are given below.
- It is highly flexible; it is speedy.
- Unified integration with a custom application, reporting, and ETL tool
- It is easily scalable. It can handle a huge amount of data, more than 50 million rows.
- Data, parameters, and metadata have full Unicode support.
- This driver supports the operating system of 32 and 64 bits.
- For the access of data, it connects to the MySQL data
- It allows a developer to give high productivity.
- It is independent of the platform as it can download, install, and operates in almost every operating system.
- Easily connect with the relational database server, MariaDB, Google Cloud SQL, and many more.
MySQL JDBC Download For Windows
For downloading the latest version of the MySQL JDBC Driver for Windows, follow the following instructions: The straightforward steps for downloading the application are available. You can see the DOWNLOAD button at the bottom of this page; click on the button and download it.
Next, you can get the downloaded zip file; now, you have to unzip this archive file by using win zip for the window. Then locate that driver inside your achieve file. Now you have to install the setup to run it on your PC. While downloading, if you face any difficulty or any issue, kindly let us know, we will guide you.
Also Check: MYSQL CONNECTOR JAVA
How To Install JDBC Driver On PC Windows
For installing the driver in your window, follow the following instructions:
The first step is that you have to log in to the server hosting web help desk. Then, navigate to the target directory. If you are running 12.6 and below the web help desk, direct towards the web help desk, go to bin than JRE, go to the library, and finally go to the extension.
But if you are running1,7 or later web help desk, there is a little different process for navigation / first go to the web help desk then go to bin and then web apps and then helpdesk then WEB-INF finally go to lib.
After that, copy your driver file into the lib directory. After all these steps are done, restart the web help desk. Now your driver is installed in the window. The whole installation process after downloading is error-free. However, if you face any problem while downloading or installing the setup, you are most welcome to write down the problem you are facing in the comment box to solve it.
How do I install JDBC Driver For MySQL on a macOS system?
For installing the driver in your macOS system, follow the following instructions:
- The first step is that you have to log in to the server hosting web help desk.
- Then, navigate to the target directory. If you are running 12.6 and below the web help desk, direct towards the web help desk, go to bin than JRE, go to the library, and finally go to the extension.
- But if you are running1,7 or later web help desk, there is a little different process for navigation / first go to the web help desk then go to bin and then web apps and then helpdesk WEB-INF finally go to lib.
- After that, copy your driver file into the library directory. After all these steps are done, restart the web help desk. Now your driver is installed in the macOS system.
You may also like: SELENIUM CHROMEDRIVER
It is open-source and free software, and it is licensed software.
It provides connections for the client application that are developed in the Java programming language. It allows to use of all the Java applications in order to connect to the database. This allows their users to connect with live MySQL data directly from the application that allows them to connect with JDBC. It quickly generates and organizes a powerful java application that assimilates with the MYSQL compatible database engine.
You can easily determine the version of the driver that you have installed on your PC by using the get driver version method.
Yes, it is very flexible to use as it supports numerous embedded applications. Also, it is very compatible runs many operating systems that are off 32 and 64 bits.