Msvcp140.dll is a DLL file for Windows. Dynamic Link Library is abbreviated as DLL. Because DLL files include program code, data, and resources required by applications and web browser extensions. The following information will help you evaluate whether it is a Windows system file or a file from a reputable program.
Microsoft Corporation created the MSVCP140.DLL Runtime Library file. These files offer specialized operating instructions for various programs. Is missing Error may occur if this file is removed or lost from your computer.
You may address this problem by downloading MSVCP140.DLL. This file was necessary for several apps to operate on the Windows operating system. In addition, it is required for the operation of several crypto wallets. The finest example of a game that requires this DLL file is PUBG.
What does MSVCP140.dll mean?
It is a Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 component file. This entire set of data is in charge of the run-time components required to run C++ applications created with Visual Studio 2015.
In general, a file is a Dynamic Link Library file, which implies it instructs specific apps on how to perform certain tasks. Furthermore, these files frequently share components utilized by multiple programs and only start when the app requires them, saving memory space.
Is it possible for a DLL file to contain a virus? No, it is not a virus, but malware may be found in DLLs and various other file formats. It may frequently be converted to EXEs by changing a few characteristics in the PE header of the file. The execution of an EXE vs. a DLL is also different.
msvcp140.dll missing Error
The following are the most frequent error messages that can be found about “Msvcp140.dll was not found” Error:
- Because it is missing from your computer, the software cannot start. To resolve this issue, try reinstalling the application.
- Starting msvcp140.DLL was unsuccessful. The requested module was not found.
- It could not be loaded. Therefore, the requested module was not found.
- Because the file was not found, the code could not be executed. This issue may be resolved by reinstalling the application.
- The file is either incompatible with Windows or includes an error. Attempt to reinstall the application using the original installation disc or seek assistance from your system administrator or the product vendor.
The most important condition for preventing msvcp140 issues is a clean and tidy PC. This entails performing a virus scan, cleaning your hard drive with cleanmgr and SFC /scan now, uninstalling programs you do not use anymore, checking for Autostart programs, and activating Windows Automatic Update. Always remember to back up your data regularly, or at the very least, create restore points.
msvcp140.dll Download For Windows
If you frequently saw the error “Msvcp140.dll was not found. Would you mind trying to download the file again? If you want to download, you can search the download link at the end of the article or type the name in the search bar.
|Requirements||Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Published Dated||July 20, 2021|
|Uploaded By||Windows Drivers|
You may repair your problem if the file is missing or not found in your computer by restoring the missing file. Your DLL problem will be fixed in one click with the DLL-files.com Client. You do not need to know what operating system your machine is running, and you would not have to worry about downloading the wrong file. DLL-files.com takes care of everything for you.
Follow these steps for the installation process.
(1) Get the DLL-files.com Client and install it.
(2) Start the program.
(3) In the search box, type MSVCP140.DLL and click Find DLL File.
(4) In the search result, click msvcp140.DLL
(5) Click Install. You will be requested to register the software before installing the files if you have not already.
(6) Check to see whether your MSVCP140.DLL missing problem has been resolved after installation.
The file is located in the C:\Windows\System32.