If you are the one who is looking for an FTDI driver, then continue reading this article as I am giving you the information related to this software, its features, and its downloading and installation guide.
FTDI Driver Review
FTDI driver is essential software that conveys between your PC and hardware devices. It creates, manufactures, and supports gadgets and their connected programming drivers for changing RS-232 or TTL serial transmissions over to USB signals, to permit support for legacy gadgets with modern PCs. Furthermore, it gives application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) plan administrations.
They additionally give consultancy administration to item plans, explicitly in the domain of electronic gadgets. This software is available for Windows CE 4.2-5.2, 6.0/7.0, and 2013. This will help you to communicate with your computer and hardware devices. In addition, it helps in removing bugs and improving performance.
Features Of FTDI Driver
- It is certified for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 11.
- Manual installation is unnecessary; all FTDI devices are now supported in Ubuntu 11.10, kernel 3.0.0-19.rk on the window. Mac, Linux.
- It is compatible with different types of browsers.
- A different version of this driver is available for different windows.
- It will fix bugs and improve performance.
How TO Download And Install FTDI Driver For Windows?
To download the latest version of the FTDI Driver, follow the following instructions: The straightforward steps for downloading the application are available.
- At the bottom of this page, there is a list of drivers.
- Select and find the device driver you want, and click the driver matched with your computer system.
- Next, you can see the DOWNLOAD button.
- Click on the button and download it.
- Next, you can get the downloaded zip file.
- Next, you have to unzip this archive file using win zip for the window.
- Now you have to install the setup to run it on your PC.
- While downloading, if you face any difficulty or any issues, kindly let us know, and we will guide you.
After downloading this software, you need to install it on your PC. Installation follows these steps.
- If you are utilizing Windows or Mac OS, you might have to download this software if you haven’t already installed it for another undertaking. The FTDI Driver is already built into the operating system(convenient!)
- Following up, plug it into your PC! If you are utilizing Windows, you might hear a sound from the PC and a little popup bubble in the base right corner of the screen that says Found New Hardware FT232R USB UART.
- Following a couple of moments, the new equipment wizard will begin. Select “No not this time” and press the Next button.
- Another screen appears where you select “Install from a list or specific location .”And click on Next to move forward.
- Another screen appears where you have to ensure that the option of “ include this location” is selected and then browse the file containing the software you have already downloaded. Finally, select the folder and press OK to move toward another screen where you click Finish.
- Immediately, another window will pop up; this time, it will say USB Serial Port. As before, click “Install from a list of specific locations.”And browse to the same folder again, and complete it successfully.
- After the installation process is complete, you need to reboot your computer to run this software effectively.
The whole installation process after downloading is error-free. However, if you face any problem while downloading or installing the setup, you are most welcome to write down the issue you are facing in the comment box to solve it.
FAQs About FTDI Driver
Of course, windows don’t have this software introduced. If you plug in your FTDI, open the Arduino IDE, go to ‘tools then go to Serial Ports,’ and don’t see anything, you want the drivers! 12.00″ FTDI VCP driver executable. The installation process will be the same no matter what the form number.
How to update the FTDI Driver in the device manager?
- Make sure you’ve connected your device to your Windows PC.
- Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to summon the Run box on your keyboard.
- Type devmgmt. MSC and click OK.
- In Device Manager, double-tap the device category that your device belongs to ( Universal Serial Bus controller) to extend it.
- Now you ha to Right-click on your device and select Update Driver.
- Choose Search consequently for updating the software.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to wrap up.
- After refreshing, restart your PC.
- That is it. Trust this post helps in updating software in Windows.
- If you have any inquiries, go ahead and add a remark underneath.
How to update FTDI diver automatically?
On the off chance that you don’t have time or patience to download the FTDI Driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will consequently perceive your system and observe the proper drivers. As a result, you don’t have to know precisely what system your PC is running, you don’t have to hazard downloading and installing some unacceptable driver, and you don’t have to stress over committing an error while installing.
You can update your software automatically with either the “FREE” or the “Pro” version of Driver Easy. In any case, with the Pro version, all that’s needed is two clicks (and you will get complete help and a 30-day money-back guarantee).
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then, at that point, check your PC and distinguish any issue drivers.
- Click the Update button close to the device to automatically download the correct form of the driver (you can do this with the FREE form), and install the software s in your PC.
- Or click Update to automatically download and install the correct form of the multitude of drivers that are absent or outdated on your system (this requires the Pro version you’ll be incited to upgrade when you click Update All)
Future Technology Devices International ordinarily known as FTDI, specializes in USB technology. FTDI driver is a fundamental software that communicates between your PC and hardware devices. Also, check CP2102 Driver.